Individuals eligible to be a RAG member include a soloist, group, band, vocalist, composer, musician, producer, writer, DJ, or publisher.
Individuals that are a part of the Guild Network of Associations and select organizations are pre-qualified and automatically eligible for membership.
Pre-qualified organizations and associations include:
BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, SAG-AFTRA, AFM, RAC, NARIP, RIAA, NARAS
Individuals who are NOT a part of one of the above mentioned, must be (1) verified by a Guild member (acting as a sponsor), (2) provide industry references with direct knowledge of the applicant’s recording artist experience, OR (3) have at least 1 song available for download and/or sale online that said artist owns the rights to.
Song Placement Catalog Initial Checklist
– All composers/writers must be free and clear of any co-publishing or admin deals!
– must not contain samples, interpolations, or any derivative work that could be claimed by another party
– must have agreed % splits among all writers/composers (every composer/writer will sign a schedule confirming their % share)
– need full protools multitrack session files, or complete unmastered stem files in .wav or .aif format (including all instruments broken down individually)
– any performers that are not also writers/composers on the song must sign a Performers Consent Form (will need legal names)
– to generate the paperwork we need all composers/writers full legal names, pka’s (performance names), address, PRO affiliation (BMI, ASCAP etc) and IPI#
RAG membership dues are $100 per year.
A Guild sponsor must have direct knowledge of the applicant’s recording experience and should either have a significant professional relationship, or have worked with him/her in the past.
A Guild member who has only briefly met or known the applicant in a social setting but is unable to comment first-hand on their professional work cannot serve as a Guild sponsor for the applicant.
Though statements from Guild sponsors carry significant weight, sponsorship by a Guild member does not supersede other membership requirements and does not guarantee acceptance into the Guild.